Roles and Responsibilities in Hosting the Coordinating Board Meeting
Deciding Host Country
- If the host country in their turn can't host the Coordinating Board Meeting because of some reasons, they should send the formal letter to ASEAN OSHNET Secretariat at least 1 month after the CBM.
- Automatically the next member country in alphabetical order will become the host country.
- The Coordinating Board Meeting shall decides who will become the host country for the next meeting in alphabetical order
1. Contacting Host Country
The secretariat of ASEAN OSHNET send formal letter to host country for asking their confirmation to host the Coordinating Board Meeting for next period.
2. Confirmation from Program Area Coordinator
The host country then :
- Send confirmation letter to ASEAN OSHNET Secretariat
- In consultation with OSHNET Secretariat, select and prepare the venue of the meeting and arrange the following:
- local transportation, including airport pickup
- local tours, if appropriate
- protocol services, if appropriate
- room reservation
3. Preparation for the Meeting Area
Performed by ASEAN Secretariat and ASEAN OSHNET Secretariat
4. Secretariat Preparation
- Coordinate with the host country /institution for meeting preparations and arrangements (venue, room reservation, invitation and confirmation of participants, protocol services, if appropriate, etc.
- At least 3-4 weeks prior to the meeting, send out invitation letters to Member Countries, informing date and venue of meeting, and providing provisional agenda, programme of activities, general information and registration forms for participants.
- Reminding Member Countries on follow-up action arosen from previous meeting
- Prepare, in consultation with the ASEAN Secretariat, information and discussion papers for the respective agenda items (these will include progress of OSHNET activities, collaboration with interested donor agencies/countries, follow-up to the decisions of the previous meeting, etc.)
5. ASEAN Secretariat Preparation
- Assist OSHNET Secretariat and Host Country in substantive meeting preparations
- Assist OSHNET Secretariat in preparing the following:
i. Agenda of the Meeting
ii. Discussion Papers for the respective agenda items which includes progress of OSHNET activities, collaboration with interested donor agencies/countries, follow-up to the decisions of the previous meeting, etc?
- Prepare Information Papers of the Agenda Items related to ASEAN policy or Dialogue Partner relations
6. Coordinating Board Meeting
Coordinating Board Meeting is held according to the schedule and venue which already agreed by all member countries.
7. Secretariat roles and responsibilities
- Serve as rapporteur during the meeting. Prepare the meeting report
- Supervise the local support secretariat for documentation during the Meeting, and for compilation of the final report.
8. Host Country roles and responsibilities
- Provide organising costs (meeting room venue, coffee breaks, lunch and local transportation).
- Provide the local secretariat for documentation during the Meeting, and for compilation of the final report?
- Arrange and provide field/local trip for participants, if appropriate.
9. ASEAN Secretariat roles and responsibilities
Serve as resource person during the meeting and assist OSHNET Secretariat to prepare the meeting report
10. Follow Up Meeting Result
- After the meeting, coordinate with Member Countries and the ASEAN Secretariat for relevant follow-up actions arising from the meeting.
- Coordinate with Programme Coordinators on the preparation and circulation of project proposals
- Prepare Press Releases for OSHNET activities, in coordination with Programme Area Coordinators?
- Send The Meeting Report to the Chairman and Focal Points of ASCLA/SLOM/ALMM
- Seek funding from ASEAN Dialogue Partners and others.
11. Follow Up Assistance
The ASEAN OSHNET Secretariat Should :
- Assist OSHNET Secretariat in following up decisions of the meeting with Member Countries, as and when necessary.
- Assist OSHNET Secretariat in seeking funding from Dialogue Partners